Are You Looking for LIFE in Your Loss?
Global wars, natural disasters, financial meltdowns, layoffs, violence in the streets, health epidemics—unrelenting real-life crises all of us live with in today’s world. What happens when one or more of these threats are not just looming in the news, but come home to your house? How can you keep going, or even cope? Where are answers, needed resources, hope?
In How to LIVE with a Broken Heart, Lessons in Loss, Dave and Beth Weikel offer a hands-on workshop to give practical support to those living today’s headlines. When they found themselves in a season of loss and pain, their search for help and meaning amid chaos on many levels, provided tools and reassurance to walk into the worst life can be. This path led them to identify with others in the storm, blind-sided by life’s surprises and crushing blows. Their discoveries are benefitting those who have yet to find their way.
This workshop is for you if any of the following are true:
- Have experienced a significant loss, a family member or close friend to death, divorce, or broken relationship
- Have faced a life-threatening health situation or are a care-giver of a chronically-ill person
- In the midst of a career reversal, loss of job, financial crisis due to the loss of retirement savings
- Been affected by the housing market deflation, been evicted, foreclosed on, or are living in a multi-generational setting out of necessity
- Have a family member in the military, currently deployed, wounded, dealing with post-traumatic stress
- Dealing with life after a family member has been incarcerated
Basic security needs—job, home, financial security, family stability, because of these and other losses, you are feeling:
- Periodically overwhelmed by sadness, fear, or anger
- Not sure you’ll ever feel “whole” again
- Long for refreshment, relief, and renewal
- Not sure about “next steps” because of loss and its aftermath